Friday’s Devotional

Rash Vows

Ecclesiastes 5:2

Don’t be impulsive with your mouth nor be in a hurry to talk in God’s presence. Since God is in heaven and you’re on earth, keep your speech short.”

Scripture records many records of men and women that have made rash vows to the Lord and their out comes.  I want to share with you all some and at the end of them what can be learned.

Jephthah offered to the Lord whatever came out to meet him after battle an it turned out to be his daughter.  The consequence was that he lost his daughter. (Judges 11:30-31)

Herods Antipas was to give anything Herodias’s daughter requested and she wanted the death of John the Baptist.  So he was forced to order his death. (Mark 6:22-23)

Hannah vowed to God if He gave her a son that she would give him back to the Lord.  When Samuel was born, she dedicated him to God. (1 Sam 1:9-11)

The lessons to be learned from these examples to be cautious against insincerity in worship.  Each of the people above were careless with their words to the Lord because they wanted some sort of resolution.  Each one of them had to answer for what came out of their mouth.  This is true when speaking to the Lord or others.  I for one am a very emotional person.  So I always have to be careful for what comes out of my mouth both in prayer or when speaking to others.  I am not perfect, but I wanted to share these examples that help me think before I make any rash vows. Pray this lesson helps someone today. God bless you all.

7 thoughts on “Friday’s Devotional

1. Freedomborn ... Aussie Christian Focus August 20, 2016 / 1:04 pm

Thank you for following Freedomborn Pastor Ramon, I hope you will be blessed and uplifted in what is shared, with the confirmation of Scripture and God’s wisdom in understanding.

I’m also not Perfected in God’s Love but aiming for it as He tells us to do and when we are on this earth not just when we die, as we see confirmed in the Scriptures below .

Hannah, who my name comes from and it means Grace, did not regret her vow although said in sadness and in great need when she prayed but it was not insincere as we can read later in the Chapter, so why would you say it was Pastor Ramon?

Christian Love and Blessings – Anne.

• Pastor Ramon Diaz August 20, 2016 / 6:07 pm

Her vow was not insincere, but it was a rush vow. As a descendant of the Levi, Samuel was the Lord’s property from twenty-five years of age till fifty. The vow she made implies that he should be consecrated to the Lord from his infancy to his death. So he should not only act as a Levite, but as a Nazarite, on whose head no razor should pass. So instead of 25 years of dedication, it was his entire life. That is why I understand it to be a rash vow. I do understand your point. It is a good one. Please have a blessed day and thank you for insights.

Liked by 1 person

2. Freedomborn ... Aussie Christian Focus August 20, 2016 / 1:18 pm

Some like it short and sweet but God has given us Wisdom and Power in His detailed Words and He does not cut us short either but listens to our heart Melody.

Aiming to be Perfected in Love………

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore Perfect, even as your Father which is in Heaven is Perfect

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto Perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God.

Philippians 3:14-16 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be Perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, where to we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

2Timithy 3:17 That the man of God may be Perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

1John 4:16-19 And we have known and believed the Love that God hath to us. God is Love; and he that dwelleth in Love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our Love made Perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in Love; but Perfect Love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made Perfect in Love. We Love Him, because He first Loved us.

2Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be Perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in Peace; and the God of Love and Peace shall be with you.

Blessings – Anne.

• Pastor Ramon Diaz August 20, 2016 / 6:07 pm

Liked by 1 person

3. Freedomborn ... Aussie Christian Focus August 20, 2016 / 9:41 pm

Thank you Pastor Ramon for your clarification, I prayed to God passionately for a Child after 7 of mine had died for different reasons in Childbirth but it was not to be but I have complete assurance I will be reunited with all my Babies, yes they are in His Arms and have never suffered, they have only known Joy for which I’m Eternally grateful.

My Abba Father has also filled my heart and arms with other people’s Children over the years even as a Teenager, today I’m Grannie Annie to many Children, I have never regretted my Prayer for a Child but instead of one God gave me many!

Blessings to you Both and your Family – Anne (Grannie Annie)

• Pastor Ramon Diaz August 20, 2016 / 9:50 pm

I understand your pain sister. My wife was in a car accident when she was pregnant and our son was supposed to die by the doctors standards. He survived and has brain damage. After many years of prayer he is light years away from what the school systems told us he could be. God puts loved ones in our life and at times takes them away. All children are a blessing that God gives us. That is why we should always make the best of every situation with them and love them like there is no tomorrow. Thank you for sharing your testimony with me and you will be in my prayers tonight. God bless you

• Freedomborn ... Aussie Christian Focus August 21, 2016 / 12:14 am

Dear Pastor Ramon, I’m sorry you and your wife have suffered from seeing your Loved one afflicted, how wonderful that God heals and restores, He does not destroy. I’m very Thankful that my pain is no more, God Comforted and healed me and it is knowing He did not cause my Babies to die that I have His Eternal Peace and assurance that His Eternal Plans for me were always good for me as they are for all His Children.

Jeremiah 29 :11-12 For I know the thoughts that I Think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of Peace and not of evil, to give you a Future and a Hope.

I was told by one Church that my 7 babies who died were all in Hell because I was not a Christian when they were conceived, all this teaching is against Scripture and makes our God out to be heartless and evil. Would you Pastor Ramon send my babies to suffer eternally because of my sin…No! and your not even God who is complete Love in all it’s fullness.

Yes we live in a fallen world, but God did not create it to afflict us with suffering and hardship, everything He made was very good. Because of the fall Satan is in control of this world (1 John 5:18-20 ) as confirmed in Scripture and we know also through the Scriptures that as I shared before God is Love and does not willingly afflict us or cause us to grieve, like I did for many years before I became a Christian and was healed.

Lamentations 3: 33 For God doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the Children of Men.

Blessings – Anne (Grannie Annie)