Emergency Services Chaplaincy

Two days ago I recieved the good news of my final approval for my Emergency Services Chaplain Certification.  After January 1st I will be looking for volunteer opportunities at police/sheriff departments, fire departments,  and EMS. If anyone knows of where there is a need for help please let me know. God bless you all.

8 thoughts on “Emergency Services Chaplaincy

1. laurelwolfelives December 21, 2016 / 4:01 pm

I don’t know where you are. I used to be EMS. I imagine your role would be to provide services for emergency care workers. After a traumatic call, we are mandated to go to CISD. (Critical Incident Stress Debriefing.)
    I don’t know about the police departments but I would imagine it would be the same. We all see a lot of tragedy.
    Some EMS systems run independently. Some EMS systems are the actual Fire Department. My children work for OCFRD, and they are the only EMS system. I would check with them all. You might even check with some of the volunteer fire departments. There are also private ambulance services who deal mostly in transport but they have the same requirements as regular EMS. 🙂

• Faith Love and Road School December 21, 2016 / 4:13 pm

Thank you very much for the information. I have called one hospital so far and I want to do a meet and greet with the fire departments.

• laurelwolfelives December 21, 2016 / 4:17 pm

You might also want to contact nursing homes. I found during my short career that most of the workers were there for a paycheck and nothing more, but there are always exceptions.
        If a worker gets particularly close to a resident and they “leave,” it is traumatic for them. Will you post your findings?

• Faith Love and Road School December 21, 2016 / 4:23 pm

I will only post where I find the need is and what is needed to volunteer there. As I find the need, I will be letting my organization know so the chaplains that live in that area could help out. We travel full time so my volunteering would be a couple months at a time. However, I would love to build positive relationships so people feel confident to call me whenever help is needed.

• laurelwolfelives December 21, 2016 / 4:26 pm

Oh…no. I meant post about where you have been able to help. You know those pesky HIPPA laws. I just meant something like “I was able to counsel a worker at….such n such.”

• Faith Love and Road School December 21, 2016 / 4:31 pm

I’m not very sure on that right now, but I may do a general posting like you mentioned on a monthly basis. Like I was able to counsel 10 people this month and they will stay in my prayer list.

• laurelwolfelives December 21, 2016 / 4:34 pm

There you go. What you do is important. 🙂

• Faith Love and Road School December 21, 2016 / 6:00 pm

Thank you very much. I was wanting to work and start a small traveling church, but then I realized with my wife’s help that everyone wants to hold a title Pastor. Not many want to be Chaplains. Chaplains don’t wait for people to go to them for help all the time. The seek those needing help and minister and counsel them. I feel my calling in that and not preaching. I journal as I conduct my Bible studies and I share want I gained from the scripture with everyone that views my blog. I will continue doing that because I love to share what the Lord shared with me. I enjoy having the opportunity to fellowship and plant a seed.